Sunday, October 10, 2010

Finding JOY in our journey...

"Cherish that role that is so uniquely yours & for which heaven itself sends Angels to watch over you and your little ones." Elder Jeffrey R. Holland

I love being a mother. Who ever knew you could love something/someone so much!
Somedays I feel so on top of things, getting up early, exercising, reading my scriptures, planning out a fun day for Judd, cooking nice meals, studying for school, loving my fairytale life.
Other days, its a struggle to get myself up, to get out of my pj's, to look at my "to do" list and just wanna go right back to bed...
but ya know what...I love my life.
I'm sure all you women are too familiar with this same scenario. As I grow older and deal with the challenges of life I begin to realize very quickly what an amazing mother I had growing up and still have to this very day. 6 Kids mom...honestly, how did you do it?
I'm so grateful to be a wife & mother. At times as we all know, we struggle to find how we are suppose to teach our children to become good people in this horrible world. Our job is huge, but I know none of us would ever trade it for anything...not anything. Being a mom is the best...really!
All those sleepless nights, all that sticky juice all over the floor, those little fingerprints on the mirrors, they are the best, and i'm so grateful to have them all because...my life would be absolutley empty without them!
These past few days have been challenging for me. I had a a big exam this week, so I was studying...and studying...and studying. During these past few days I felt like such a horrible mother. Judd ends up watching more TV than needed and we don't spend a lot of "one on one" time together. I found myself questioning my decsision to go back to school. Is this really worth it? Being a good mom to my son is the most important thing to me. So I have realized, I may have to take a few scores here and there that i'm not so proud of, I can continue to do my best, and that is it!
If we are giving life our best shot, that is all we can do, that is all we are asked to do!

My life is good


Judd's sure enjoying his new tub


Good thing dad is so smart


Judd's intro. to the new bike


This kid is ALL Jensen, he loves to fish


He kept saying, "get you, get you, ahhhhh."


Judd was nervous this trip to the museum.
He was clinging to my neck, just knowing the animals were going to have him for dinner any second.
Then we get to the bears...


Like father, like son


He kept screaming, "bug, bug"


This poor grasshoper, Judd sure had his way with him.


My cheese was missing...look where I found it...


I love this litte guy SOOOOOO much

Judd absolutley LOVES firetrucks



"Hi mom"


We had some fun vistors come stay with us for a few days!
We sure miss them...


Judd had alot of fun jumping on the big trampoline at Cornbelly's


Judd woke up and said, "Soup, soup."
He LOVES tomato basil soup...and I guess it sounded good for breakfast!


Yes, all the captions are off...sorry...I don't wanna mess with it anymore, you get the idea!

4 comments:

  1. I love the pict of him in the boat...well, i love all the picts! he is so dang cute. And my favorite thing is that he asked for tomato soup for breakfast. So cute!
    Your a great mom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know... it was good for me to read your blog. I've been feeling... what's the word? Terrified? Wishing I could take it back? I'm having a hard time believing I'm going to be a mom but reading your blog helped & I know I'll never be ready. Anyways, I think it's great you're going back to school and even though it's hard now, you're being an example to your kid. Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Felish! You are such a good mom to that little boy! Thanks for the post... such a good reminder about how precious it is to be a Mom (especially since Mallory has been sick for 2 longggg weeks!). You and your little family are so cute. Hang in there with your busy life! We are so bad about keeping in touch! Ahhhh....life... so busy!!! Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hahahaha! Ah man, I miss you guys!!! I love ALL the pictures but especially the one of him hauling around his (your) block of cheese! He left me a message the other day that is priceless! I've re-listened to it multiple times and it makes my heart smile :). I'm going to start planning your guys' trip up here so get ready for a vacation ok?! Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?