Thursday, March 10, 2011

Out with the old, & in with the new

So...for those of you who haven't heard the news or are waiting for a conformation on the rumor floating around...yes, we are moving!

Part of me is so excited and sooo ready to get out of here, the other part of me is very sad and thinking its just a dream.

We are headed to AZ for a great business opportunity. Darren will be starting "RestorePro," a flood & fire restoration Co. with my brother.

We have lived here in Orem just shy of six years. I'm pretty attached to this place, and i've become quite the city slicker!

It's an emotional rollercoaster...leaving our home we worked sooooo hard on re-modeling, saying goodbye to friends, leaving the conviences of having everything you could possibly need or want within 5 minutes...but we are ready and excited.
We know the Lord is looking out for us and has blessed us with this wonderful change in our lives.

There are so many things we are so excited for...being close to family, friends, getting out of the city, and starting a new chapter in our lives.

I don't deal with change well...I HATE change, but I have such a peaceful feeling about all of this...even delivering a baby in ShowLow, AZ...haha

Monday was a hard day for me...a really hard day. It was my last day of work. You see, i've worked @ Utah Valley Regional Medical Center for a little over five years now. I have a lot of fond memories of that place. I've been so blessed to meet so many remarkable doctors and learn from them...right at their side. These people have become some of my dearest friends. I've shared experinces with them that I will never forget...there are a lot of smart, good people out there.
Tonight I will say my goodbyes to a lot of very very special people. I've had the honor of working on the open heart surgery team for a little over four years. These people are like family and no one can begin to even image how much I am going to miss them. I am grateful for the time I got to spend with these great doctors, nurses, and perfusionists. They have all touched my life in more ways than just one. These people are very generous and have helped me and my family in so many ways. I love and will miss you all!


Words cannot begin to describe how much I will miss this ^

Meet Kinjo...he is one of three perfusionists
He loves crappe and is one of the funniest guys you'll meet...he is also the strongest person I know!

When you spend so much time together...you become a kind of family...I love these guys

It's been such an honor to learn and work with these good people

This is my good friend Hailey...I was so excited I got to work with her on my last day. We have a lot of fun memories together...I will miss her soooo much

Meet Dr. Mitchell
This guy is so great, he is one of the three cardio/thoracic surgeons I've had the honor to work with.
He has taught me so much and has one of the biggest hearts of anyone I know

I could tell you story after story about this girl and our experinces together...
She taught me a lot when I was new and has become such a great friend

I'm sure going to miss these guys

He managed to open his own presents and just about everyone elses

He definentaly got the hang of opening presents

He was pretty fascinated by the Jungle Cruise

Sad to say I didn't get a lot of pictures of Christmas. The good news is we did get a lot of video with our new camera, which I absolutely love. We had a wonderful time in CA despite the un-cooperative weather. Judd loved Disneyland & SeaWorld & did so good the entire trip! Thanks again mom & dad, you guys are great!


Judd does not care about the temperature outside...he could play all day out there


We are really going to miss "Jump On It"

Best Buddies...somedays


These two boys are crazy together...they are really going to miss eachother

7 comments:

  1. Aww, sweet boys! I know a little of how you feel to be leaving Utah Valley, both 'the' Valley and Utah Valley the hospital. Bitter Sweet! Happy to have had the experience and so sad to leave friends and a great job but ready for the next step. I'm so excited for you guys but very sad you'll no longer be on our route home :( Good luck packing mama!! Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been waiting for you to update:) I bet your parents are so excited about the move! There's just NO place like home! Good luck with everything!

    ps...delivering a baby in Show Low really isn't that bad...I've done it four times:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am excited for you guys. Part of those pictures make me sad. The ones in the OR....I could totally see Jake in there :). It's fun to move on, I'm excited for you guys and the changes that you guys are going to make. Good luck. Good thing there are blogs to keep updated on huh :).

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the move. I know how hard it is moving away from a place you call home.

    Good luck and keep posting! We miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hear ya Felish. It is so bitter sweet moving. I am so happy for your opportunity here though. You will love being closer to your family. I am excited to hang out for a few weeks before we head off. Good luck with the move. Let us know if we can help :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on moving, cool picts from your job. It's so sad leaving a place you loved. It was really hard for me to leave the best pediatric office in Gilbert.
    Good luck with everything.
    Hey, are you having a boy or girl?
    Love ya! -Court

    ReplyDelete
  7. I found your blog address on Karen's blog... I am sad I didn't get to say goodbye to you at work. Best of luck with everything...you will be missed.

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?